Thursday, December 28, 2006

On the passing of Saddam Hussein

For the record: I'm ok with Saddam Hussein dying in the next few hours. But, I'm not OK with the extra 600,000 "collateral" Iraqis who died so our side could put Saddam to death. Neither am I OK with the 20 year old kids - of our neighbour to the south - fighting for their lives in the middle of an Iraqi civil war. Nor am I OK with starting a war under false pretenses to create the impression that a President is tough on terrorism. For that matter, I’m also not OK with elevated risk to Canadian 20 year olds in our own protracted war so a Prime Minister can look tough to so-called allies – real allies don’t expect that. Within hours, one sick totalitarian Iraqi madman will die; I wish the rest of the madness could also end – for the record.


(c) 2006 Victoria BC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home